Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing?
(01-28-2019, 08:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Leftist Media has really gotten you guys good with all those cherry picked numbers.
It's amazing how the ability to think on your own has been lost.

So from 5+ threads on this Wall subject, all I've gathered from most of you is that a wall is a waste of money, yet no one has offered any other means of effectively stopping illegal immigration (oh wait, someone did suggest we send countries a lot of Monetary aid, which isn't going to do crap cause the people will still want to come here). I have gone much more in-depth that many of you with alternate suggestions, but they are all ignored as well. Even explained how to fix the illegals here and make them legal.

No point, I can pick numbers and so can you. I believe that if we won't pass any legislation that seriously curbs illegal immigration, then the wall is the best means at our disposal at this time, it's not the best option, but it's the only one that can get thru legislation.

A wall won't "effectively stop immigration". It won't even "seriously curb" it. It's hardly the "best means" nor the "only one that can get through legislation". 

Many people here have pointed to working on the bigger cause (overstaying visas) for the last two years. You'd likely have bipartisan support for it if you coupled it with protecting Dreamers. 

The wall is only being entertained as this be-all-and-end-all because Donald Trump decided to make it the center point of his campaign. The fact that someone with no immigration or political experience is in a position to set this narrative doesn't mean we have to ignorantly accept it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - BmorePat87 - 01-28-2019, 09:05 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-31-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-30-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-31-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 11:19 AM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 08:32 PM