Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled
(01-29-2019, 12:41 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’ve seen 75% of mock drafts having us drafting lb Devon White.  The other 25% have us taking Kyler Murray

This would worry me,   I know the kid has some talent,  and I don't care what others say about him,  the odds of him being a quality NFL QB are slim.  The risk and such are too high a price to pay when we have other more glaring needs.   If say by some chance he's sitting there in the 4th round,  sure go for it,  no way would I spend a pick sooner then that on him.   For years I stood behind Dalton thinking he could be good enough to manage this team to a deep play off run,   He's smart and he can throw a good enough pass to carry the team,  with the right Defense.  But Im getting to the point of saying lets get someone else.  

Theres a few things that bother me about Dalton,  First thing is,  I've seen the guy take off running a few times,  then when the defenders close in on him he slides,  feet first coming up a yard or 2 short of the first down,  and on 3rd downs that pisses me off,  specially when he coulda took the hit and gotten the first.  I've seen times when the pocket has broken down and he has running lanes open and instead of taking off running he's thrown bad errant passes which have lead to INT's.   I know I know lots of QB's make those mistakes,  but I feel Dalton does it more then alot.   I watch alot of football every season,  so much my wife hates me for it. 

Now with that said,  I'd rather stick with Dalton then waste a draft pick on a risky move such as taking Murray early in the draft.  I wish the kid all the luck in the world and hope he does become a star if he chooses FB over BB.  Even more so if we do take him,  I just don't see it. 

I know some of you are gonna bash me for this,  (OSU HOMER!!! Blah Blah, I really don't care)  and don't give me this shit,  how many star QB's has OSU had in the NFL,  there's always a first,  SOOOOO,  IF,  BIG BIG "IF"... we were to target a QB in this draft I would rather us go after Haskins,  I truely believe he has a high ceiling with the right guidance,  IDK,  someone like Zac Taylor grooming him.  Let him sit a year behind Dalton and then let him start in 2020.  

Still I'd rather see us go after LB and OL in the first few rounds in this draft and ride Dalton for the next year or 2.  Hell maybe even tank next year and aim for a high draft position in the 2020 draft,  that draft is gonna have a much better QB stock then this year draft. 

Sorry for the long rant,  thats just my opinion.  I'm no guru so whatever the team and the new coach decide,  I'll support the players they put out on the field each and every week till the day I die,  somedays won't be as grand as others,  but they are the team I root for.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled - Goncrazzy - 01-29-2019, 01:19 PM