Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience!
(01-29-2019, 04:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, cause Noll didn't like having that trash football dished back to him.  I actually liked the "House of Pain" days in Houston.  Made the old Central fun.  

Sam didn't like Jerry because of the way he implemented a win at all costs attitude with the Oilers.  He thought he was dirty, and he was.  Chuck Noll's sorry butt was just crying like usual.  I mean he cried about the Raiders, he cried about the Oilers, and they're still crying about Burfict.

I was actually having a discussion about that with someone the other day.  Sure, the Raiders played dirty in the 70s, but if you hit them, they just hit back harder.  The Steelers have always whined when someone hit back, it's part of their culture going back decades.  Like you said, they whined about the Raiders and the Oilers.  If the Browns ever get someone who hits them hard, they will whine about him.  I think that's what makes me hate them the most.

Then again, maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy because I'm not quite as old as some of the rest of you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals getting a young HC, with Superbowl experience! - Earendil - 01-29-2019, 05:28 PM