Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else hate SB parties?
(01-28-2019, 11:20 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I went to one where someone rented a room in a restaurant.  We ordered a crap ton of appetizers plus you could order off the menu.  I had a pretty good time.  But that's the only one I've ever been to.  I'm not just  a loser on these boards ya know.

All but one time I've spent my SB evenings in either my or someone else's home.  Once, though, I did go to a SB party a nearby hotel was having.  It was 1992, and the Lions were going to the NFCCG, so I was amped to the see the game on a big screen and  I booked a couple of spots for me and a buddy.  Of course, the Lions choked in DC and Washington went to the SB.  But, we decided to go to the party, anyway.  

My takeaways were that big screen technology was dicey 27 years ago.  The food wasn't bad, though.  There was a pretty large room, and at halftime the room voted to forego the network halftime show and watch the alternate In Living Color halftime show instead, which I'm sure was much better.    

Now that I think of it, I also watched part of the GB/PIT SB at a Chinese restaurant because the future Mrs. Llama had a hankerin' for some General Tsao's that evening. Hey, livin' la vida loca.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Anyone else hate SB parties? - motoarch - 01-24-2019, 09:24 AM
RE: Anyone else hate SB parties? - Stewy - 01-24-2019, 09:53 AM
RE: Anyone else hate SB parties? - Sled21 - 01-26-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: Anyone else hate SB parties? - CKwi88 - 01-27-2019, 11:03 PM
RE: Anyone else hate SB parties? - jason - 01-28-2019, 10:13 AM
RE: Anyone else hate SB parties? - Awful Llama - 01-29-2019, 08:58 PM