Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progressive media trying to normalize pedophilia
(09-22-2015, 11:55 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Bottom line is this: I cannot comprehend nor relate to pedophilia in any way. To me it is unconscionable. And hell, I'd be lying if I said I would love the idea of self-identified pedophiles hanging around alone with kids.

BUT... pedophiles exist. And some of them are around kids already, and you'll never know it. And *some* of those people with those attractions do not act on them, which is a good thing. I am not in favor of policing anybody's thoughts, so jailing the guy just because his imagination is rather repulsive isn't something I'm gonna go for. Furthermore, this article is NOT the "progressive media trying to normalize pedophilia", as the thread title implied. It read more like a confession from a deeply troubled individual who is attempting to accept the fact that his obsessions must be repressed. Frankly, I am glad he has taken up the battle to fight his urges. I hope he is also seeing a therapist to keep him accountable and healthy.

Pedophilia is not unconscionable, raping children is.  This is my exact point.  The word pedophile and child-rapist are the same in this country and that is just inaccurate.  I understand erring on the side of caution, though.  It's because the victims are kids, I get it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Progressive media trying to normalize pedophilia - Nately120 - 09-22-2015, 11:59 PM