Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gov. Ralph Northam ‘deeply sorry’ after photo emerges from his 1984 yearbook...
(02-04-2019, 09:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We've had reformed KKK members go on to be huge supporters of civil rights for decades... but it's 2019 now and times are different.

He needs to step down and let Justin Fairfax step up. Virginia needs to move past this. If this had been revealed a decade ago, he would have had time to make amends for it people would be able to look past it. Unfortunately, it wasn't, and many voters have to feel like they would have gone in a different direction in the primary if they knew this.

I had a great night talking about life and politics over the weekend with a good friend.

He is conservative.  He wasn't trying to defend the gov, but didn't know why it was "so bad".  And I tried to explain that I feel at some point a real discussion needs to be had, but that black face hasn't been acceptable for 70+ years.  He used an example of someone who dressed up like Diana Ross for Halloween and caught flack for it.  To me that is different.  That is an homage not trying to be "funny".  Black face invokes stereotyping for laughs.  That is why it was wrong in this case.

He should step down.  No matter what he has done as an elected official.

This is just more obvious than what King in Iowa says and does and McConnell allows to go on so he can get those white votes.  

He isn't the only one...he's just one that made it obvious.

And, last thought, he knows if that's him or not.  His excuse is so lame I'm surprised it didn't come from a Trump administration spokesperson.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Ralph Northam ‘deeply sorry’ after photo emerges from his 1984 yearbook... - GMDino - 02-04-2019, 10:01 AM