Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gov. Ralph Northam ‘deeply sorry’ after photo emerges from his 1984 yearbook...
(02-04-2019, 12:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not if they hit women though.  Cool

On topic, I do have to wonder how long ago a stupid decision has to have been made for it to no longer have the ability to destroy your life?  Not commenting on this specific example, but seriously.  Joe Reed gets a pass for making blatantly homophobic comments around ten years ago.  Understood that she's not an elected official but the concept is the same.

And believe it or not I agree with you.  It's just a hard thing to gauge because of changing times.  

People still look at "The Jazz Singer" as a good film, but debate the use of black face.  Whereas blackface gets criticized elsewhere.

I'm sure the vast majority of us said or did something that NOW is considered horrible.  

The only answer I can think of is that the time and forgiveness are fluid.  So many factors like publicity, which group is offended, what the current climate is, etc.  Lots of variables that sometimes are not fair to the accused.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Ralph Northam ‘deeply sorry’ after photo emerges from his 1984 yearbook... - GMDino - 02-04-2019, 12:41 PM