Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing?
(02-04-2019, 09:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think many of you on here have no clue about what to do to curb illegal immigration, but because Trump wants it, you're automatically against it. Thing it we don't know exactly how good/bad it will do until it's actually put in place. Until then it's just a lot of speculation and foot stomping from both sides.

I mean seriously, look at some of the "charts" people using to back up the fact that immigration decreased at the same time as walls went up.

Ask anyone from any Mexico/Central/South American country, US or your home??? You know what the answer will be.
Very rarely will it be I'm happy where I am thank you very much.

Easy there OtherMike.

I'm always ready to respond to your posts and "share ideas."  One guy doesn't it's no big deal.
I always look at your FAIR and CIG data.

I'm pretty sure NO ONE here is against any Trump policy just "because Trump wants it."  Also, the purpose of doing studies and reviewing the consequences of past policies is precisely so that we do have an idea whether something will work BEFORE we put it in place.  If the majority of drugs, for example, comes in through major ports, then it is not "speculation" or Trump hatred to suggest a wall will not stop that.

Nor is it "foot stomping" to ask how cost effective a wall might be. We know over the last two years hundreds of tunnels have gone under existing walls. Mightn't electronic listening equipment the length of the border do a better job? 

And I don't think your last statement is much of a point.  I think people in Guatemala would be happy to stay there if gangs and corruption were not making their lives miserable.  Ask anyone from any Mexico/CentralSouth American country: US or your home with security and a job, and I'm pretty sure most will say "my home."  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-31-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-30-2019, 01:01 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 01-31-2019, 02:53 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 11:19 AM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-01-2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - Dill - 02-04-2019, 09:50 PM
RE: Why Is Trump's Wall A Bad Thing? - CJD - 02-06-2019, 09:45 AM