Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
(02-06-2019, 04:42 PM)Dill Wrote: I agree that a reference to Trump should not relativize a Warren lie, as in make it ok--but if one digs up her lie in hopes of diminishing her candidacy in an election, at some point, the question of scale and degree has to arise. 

Digging up the lie also can be called journalism. That it's diminishing her candidacy is on her, not on the digger.
Trump lies on a far bigger scale, sure, and devout Trump voters calling her a liar and hence unfit for office look ridiculous indeed. I don't argue that.

(02-06-2019, 04:42 PM)Dill Wrote: If some voters embrace the mother of all flat-out liars, then identify a possible-lie-depending-on-how-you-look-at-it told by said mother's political opponent as if lies were now disqualifying or equivalating--it's ok to make the double standard an issue, isn't it?

Yes.
Then again, when someone else called said Trump voter all kinds of stuff because of his constant lies and now doesn't see that big of an issue with Warren, he opens himself up to critizism of hypocrisy.
That whole "holier than you"-lines - which I do believe are warranted - would go out the window in the eyes of said Trump voters, and to a degree I couldn't really blame them.
Warren's lie is not a minor issue and to me is disqualifying. And sure, Trump's baggage was even way more disqualifying, but this is about the democratic side, not the republican side. That it is disqualifying has nothing to do with Trump. If it had, Trump would have sustainably lowered the standard.

(02-06-2019, 07:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're effectively attempting to argue degree, which is completely subjective.

That's where I would disagree. I don't think it's completely subjective, and to a certain extent lies and amount of lies can be measured. Trump is said to have told what, 8.000 demonstrable lies now while in office, or to say 10-15 lies or falsehoods per day (maybe the numbers are questionable, the statement behind it is not) and remains far less trustworthy than Warren, and I would consider it strange to see it differently.
He actually makes up anything on the fly... like how Finland told him to rake the forest floors. This is pathological and Warren is not in the same spheres.

(02-06-2019, 02:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The schnitzel recipes.

1. Buy a schnitzel.
2. Cook the damn schnitzel.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo - hollodero - 02-07-2019, 08:42 AM