Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo
(02-07-2019, 10:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: And where I disagree, and you can reread what I have said, is that I never said I supported Warren.  Or that his lies made her lie okay.

I responded a Trump supporter that willfully ignores all of DJT's lies and posts about Warren's.  The sad thing is they talk about that one lie because they are defending Trump from accusations of bullying because he calls her "Pocahontas".  If they keep harping on "she lied" then it lessens the blow (to them) that he is the bully when his wife claims to be the most bullied person ever.  However NOW they want to use my response as "whataboutism".

And it's okay.  We all know they support Trump and what he says and does.  It's always "the other side" that is lying and bullying.

Well yea.

I mean, there's no doubt that the average Trump supporter is delusional. But for that reason, I think it's important to draw a clear line. Conservatives may excuse lying, but liberals should not. If a liberal is caught blatantly lying, they should be held accountable for it, even if the conservatives refuse to respond in kind to their idiot man baby of a president.

You know, the 2016 election really did change my view of politics. Before 2016, if you asked, I probably would have said that I preferred the democratic nominee to be someone who I agree with on policy and politics. Their viewpoint on healthcare or international relations or energy etc.

But after living through the ***** nightmare that was Hillary Clinton (and her shameful attempts at relating to young voters) it occurred to me that Democratic voters do not seem to respond to policy. They seem to respond to likability. That's what got Obama elected, Clinton and even Carter. When you look at the democratic presidents since the civil rights debacle (I won't say ideological flip, because I know that triggers conservatives), you really can't find a democratic president that could be categorized as "unlikable, but efficient" the way that Hillary was often portrayed. And I think Warren would potentially fall into that same categorization. You don't meet many "Warren fanatics" after all.

So, while I agree with Warren on a lot of issues, I'd prefer she drop out of the race (because if she doesn't, the DNC might force her down our throats like they did Hillary). If you want young people to vote, you need a charismatic nominee, especially when that nominee is going to be running against a President with one of the most ravenous and seemingly willfully ignorant bases that I have ever seen in my life.

And this media spin of Warren lying is only going to make it worse for her.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump mocks Elizabeth Warren’s heritage AND #metoo - CJD - 02-07-2019, 10:26 AM