Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gov. Ralph Northam ‘deeply sorry’ after photo emerges from his 1984 yearbook...
(02-07-2019, 03:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At least he's not next in line... little victories, Virginia. 

Yeah, Speaker Cox graduated from JMU, which you may recognize as the school represented in my signature. In his senior class yearbook from 1979, his fraternity is described as winning an event which involved blackface. Now, no idea if he was involved or not, no images of him in that volume to show it, but yeah.

We have a problem with this sort of thing around these parts: https://mmulrooney.net/2017/05/25/confederate-heritage-at-jmu/

(02-07-2019, 03:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I laughed out loud at this.  I gotta agree with Tom with this one too.  I've never seen anyone in "blackface" before.  and I LOVE Halloween.

I've never seen anyone in blackface, either, but it is happening around us. We had an incident last Halloween with a community member and business owner that blew up in the local news. My wife overheard two students from New Jersey walking along talking about "ironically wearing dark makeup" for their costumes for a Black History Month party they were going to. I shit you not. That was last year.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gov. Ralph Northam ‘deeply sorry’ after photo emerges from his 1984 yearbook... - Belsnickel - 02-07-2019, 05:38 PM