Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-11-2019, 12:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Don't really care which is worse, that's just a debate that ignores the real issue, that being that there are several members of Congress, from both parties, that are openly racist.  A nice bi-partisan move would be for both parties to come together and expel them all.

I disagree to an extent. If what they did violates the law or is an egregious violation of the rules of the body, then expulsion is appropriate. However, if it's just asshattery then then should only be censured. The bar for removal from office without a democratic process is very high for me. This isn't to say I wouldn't encourage them to resign, and call for it publicly, but the voters should have their say in whether the person is in office or not. This is why recall elections should be possible.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Belsnickel - 02-11-2019, 01:41 PM