Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-11-2019, 11:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Of course.  Who says it is?

Fred

Quote:Based on my posting history--of what, defending universal human rights?--I "probably" agree with antisemitic comments I haven't seen yet?

Yes, that's it.   Whatever

Quote: You are alluding perhaps to the longstanding support for ISIS you have attributed to me?

I've never said you supported ISIS, please find quote.

Quote:Looks like the bolded repeats what I said. Except I wouldn't say accusations of bribery are inherently anti-semitic, nor are accusations that AIPAC lobbies to influence U.S. foreign policy.  Citizens have a right to criticize them for that, just as AIPAC has a right to lobby.

I haven't seen the quotes in question yet--other than a tweet about "Benjamins" which I saw after I read the article.

Saw this just now too.  https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1095046561254567937

Interesting, being the intense erudite scholar that you are, that you wouldn't educate yourself on an issue before weighing in on it.  You must have been "hypnotized".

Quote:It appears that what stirred up this conflict was a bill by Marco Rubio which included a section encouraging states to punish companies that boycott Israel by counter-boycotting those companies.  Support for BDS is cast as "antisemitism" as it is claimed BDS is intended to destroy Israel.  Defending their right to criticize/boycott Israel is apparently what has drawn critisism to Omar and Tlaib. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/9/18172826/bds-law-israel-boycott-states-explained

First of all, Vox as source?  Hilarious

Secondly, it's not their support for BDS(M) that has drawn criticism, it's their use of traditional antisemitic tropes such as "dual loyalty" (interesting coming from someone who wrapped herself in another nation's flag to celebrate being elected to Congress), beguiling the West and using money to bribe the US government.  Next they'll start comparing Jews to rodent or termites (thanks for that one Farrakhan) and you'll still be scratching your head in bewilderment.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-12-2019, 12:23 AM