Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump Wants Drug Makers, Insurers, & Hospitals To Disclose Prices!
I posted that thread a while ago about how my doctor told me that this medicine that drug companies were charging hundreds for only cost pennies to make, and it looks like Trump could be doing something to help citizens that are getting screwed by drug companies!

He thinks it's ridiculous that other countries pay so much less for drugs that cost a ridiculous amount in the United States:

Quote:President Donald Trump Tuesday night called on drug companies, health insurers and hospitals to “disclose real prices.”

Without providing details in his State of the Union address to Congress, Trump reiterated his desire to reduce the cost of healthcare in part by increasing transparency in the U.S. healthcare system. Though he didn’t say how he wanted “real prices” to be disclosed, he urged Congress to pass legislation that would make it a requirement for hospitals, health insurers and drug companies.

Trump also said he wanted Congress to take on drug costs and end the disparity in prices with Americans paying much more than residents of other countries around the world. He didn’t cite specific examples or say how he wanted to achieve such a goal, however.

“It is unacceptable that Americans pay vastly more than people in other countries for the exact same drugs, often made in the exact same place,” Trump said in his State of the Union address. “This is wrong, unfair, and together we will stop it. We will stop it fast.”

"I am asking the Congress to pass legislation that finally takes on the problem of global freeloading and delivers fairness and price transparency for American patients,” Trump added. “We should also require drug companies, insurance companies, and hospitals to disclose real prices to foster competition and bring costs down.”

That alone would be a HUGE accomplishment and boost for the country by helping the uninsured or people who just don't have great insurance.

I'm loving this move because it would really help the poor (and even non-poor people without good insurance) and would help boost the country's healthcare to stop falling behind the rest of the world.

I'm sure Democrats will find a way to bash the plan and say that now they're all the sudden against lower prices, but I think this could do great things for our healthcare and our economy overall! It will bring about more competition in drug prices, while also saving Americans money, and I have to think that the advertising for these drugs will see a big increase, which will help bring in money for that field!

Trump with another great move!

Messages In This Thread
Trump Wants Drug Makers, Insurers, & Hospitals To Disclose Prices! - BFritz21 - 02-12-2019, 07:37 AM