Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-12-2019, 12:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Essentially what it comes down to is that you are not able to criticize political spending from pro-Israel groups because of centuries old antisemitic tropes. It's safe to say the Jews have had it way worse than the rest of us over that time period. I'm not going to argue with it.

That's just a reality and I want to note that her particular comment under fire was not yet said when I posted this story on Friday. I think she should be able to make policy remarks and criticism on Israel without it being characterized as antisemitic.

I do not think her remarks on lobbying were antisemitic, and the criticism of outside spending is one that has frequently made the rounds with these freshmen for a number of interests, but nonetheless it is something to be aware of, especially since it is used extensively by antisemitics.

Better articulating her thoughts and not giving off the cuff remarks via twitter is a good start.

Also, it helps to not have a history of making these types of remarks.  Additionally, it helps not to double down when you're making your "apology".  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-12-2019, 12:21 PM