Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-12-2019, 12:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually I think what's raised all the dust is the antisemitic tropes Omar deals in.  Interesting that her defense in both instances was along the lines of, "I didn't know that was offensive".  We agree on the Rubio bill, the government should not be in the business of dictating the political expression of individuals or corporations.  Here's the problem the BDS supporters are going to have though; a not insignificant number of people on board with you are doing so because they are antisemetic.  As I've been told many times on this board, if a racist agrees with any of your policies that makes the policy racist.  Problematic, as they say.

Hmmm.  I don't doubt you've been told that agreeing with a racist policy makes you a racist. How could someone say "I agree that blacks are inferior and should not be allowed to vote--but I'm not racist"?

But I've never heard anyone on this board say a policy is racist for no other reason than that a racist agrees with it. Perhaps someone actually has, or perhaps you are inferring that from someone who notes how certain of Trump's policies garner support from racists.

But you are adopting that definition now?  And that's how you conclude "a not insignificant number" oppose the bill (as you do) because they are antisemitic? Just making sure I understand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Dill - 02-12-2019, 04:05 PM