Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-12-2019, 04:05 PM)Dill Wrote: Hmmm.  I don't doubt you've been told that agreeing with a racist policy makes you a racist. How could someone say "I agree that blacks are inferior and should not be allowed to vote--but I'm not racist"?

I see you've been taking lessons with Fred, because that's not at all what I said.  You know this of course.  Did you think this deliberate misinterpretation of my statement was clever or something?

Quote:But I've never heard anyone on this board say a policy is racist for no other reason than that a racist agrees with it. Perhaps someone actually has, or perhaps you are inferring that from someone who notes how certain of Trump's policies garner support from racists.  

Sure, just like you never see anyone accusing another of bring a Trump supporter even when the accused states they are not.  For someone who peruses this sub-forum all the time you miss an awful lot.

Quote:But you are adopting that definition now?  And that's how you conclude "a not insignificant number" oppose the bill (as you do) because they are antisemitic?  Just making sure I understand.

Oh wait, are you claiming they aren't people who support BDS because they are antisemetic?  If that's the case then let me know so I can stop going back and forth with someone who is delusional.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-12-2019, 07:45 PM