Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dill Wrote: Hmmm.  I don't doubt you've been told that agreeing with a racist policy makes you a racist. How could someone say "I agree that blacks are inferior and should not be allowed to vote--but I'm not racist"?

I see you've been taking lessons with Fred, because that's not at all what I said.  You know this of course.  Did you think this deliberate misinterpretation of my statement was clever or something?

Well no, it's not a "deliberate misinterpretation" of what you said because it's not what I am saying you said. 

Nuance level 3. I am setting up a base contrast for my next point there, about your unsupported claim that some in this forum have argued that having a racist agree with a policy makes it racist. 

The statement you call a "misinterpretation" presumes clear agreement between us, among everyone really, then moves on to question of whether anyone has actually maintained the inverse--that racist agreement makes a policy racist.  

(02-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:But I've never heard anyone on this board say a policy is racist for no other reason than that a racist agrees with it. Perhaps someone actually has, or perhaps you are inferring that from someone who notes how certain of Trump's policies garner support from racists. 

Sure, just like you never see anyone accusing another of bring a Trump supporter even when the accused states they are not.  For someone who peruses this sub-forum all the time you miss an awful lot.

So you are just saying "Oh yes you have."  You are not going to provide an example, or maybe you are offering an example of something else regarding Trump support, another topic, to stand in as your example. 

(02-12-2019, 07:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Quote:But you are adopting that definition now?  And that's how you conclude "a not insignificant number" oppose the bill (as you do) because they are antisemitic?  Just making sure I understand.

Oh wait, are you claiming they aren't people who support BDS because they are antisemetic?  If that's the case then let me know so I can stop going back and forth with someone who is delusional.

LOL can you string two sentences together free of ad hominem?  

First of all, I was making sure I understood you before I said anything further.  Are you adopting the definition you criticize to make your point?  That's a question, not a claim.
You are free to duck the question. Go silent. Or cover the duck as a refusal to deal with the "delusional." That will fool everyone. LMAO
But if you throw out a red herring I'll call it.

The final option is to answer. No more smoke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Dill - 02-12-2019, 08:14 PM