Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't the Bengals sign a DC?
(02-14-2019, 12:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It's easy to spell doom and gloom when we have nothing but headlines to react to, but the simple fact of the matter is we don't know how any of these conversations have gone.

We don't know why talks fell through with JDR, but all indications are that the decision was mutual.  Maybe JDR wants to take another year off and see if any HC opportunities come knocking next year.  Maybe Taylor decided that JDR wouldn't be the best fit with what he wants to do schematically.  Either way, nothing particular concerning about that.  The stars simply didn't align here.  

Capers outright declined the interview, true, but I couldn't be bothered to care about that.  My manager at my last job was a diehard Packers fan and they spent years bitching about him.  The way she reacted when he was finally fired, you'd have thought the Packers had just won the Super Bowl.  

Grantham could have decided that he is comfortable with the Florida gig and doesn't want to uproot his family.  Sucks that he came to this decision after two days of interviews, but it is what it is.

Yes, they've been publicly turned down three times, but only one of those was due to lack of interest.

That's Hobson level spin.

The fact is it's very late in the game to not have a DC. Free agency is coming. Draft preparation is going on now.

Grantham obviously decided he wanted to stay at Florida...and during the interview process you need to deduce that and have a Plan B and C.

A lot of these hires seem like Taylor's friends. So if they fail, will he be reluctant to fire them?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - THE PISTONS - 02-14-2019, 12:37 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 05:22 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-15-2019, 01:25 PM