Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't the Bengals sign a DC?
(02-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: How is it spin if it's just the truth? 

-We have zero context as to why the JDR thing fell through.  
-Capers outright declined the interview, so that's that.
-We also have zero context as to why Grantham turned it down.  

What is untruthful about any of that?  And I fail to see what is unrealistic about any of the scenarios I had laid out.    

You guys are acting like candidates are simply refusing to give the Bengals the time of day, which isn't the case (Capers excluded).  It's perfectly possible that these offers are falling through over things like personnel control, salary, ownership, etc., in which case your concerns are warranted.  But without having those facts in front of us it seems silly to jump off the bridge.  It's unfortunate, but that's all it is.  Get back to me when we start hearing of more candidates declining to meet with us.  
It's not in the best interest of the 3 coaches to discuss publicly/leak the negatives of the Bengals organization as it could hurt their future job prospects. 

I bolded these two sentences as they are huge contradictions to what I think your point is. What exactly has the organization done to earn your unwavering benefit of the doubt? I think it's completely reasonable to be 'glass is half empty' in this situation given ownership's past and when other fan bases are laughing at our organization's ineptitude. 

Taking a step back, it looks like we have a QB coach in over his head just trying to fill his coaching staff.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 11:47 AM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - Schmitbuck - 02-14-2019, 03:06 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 05:22 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 05:38 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-15-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-14-2019, 12:43 PM
RE: Why can't the Bengals sign a DC? - McC - 02-15-2019, 01:25 PM