Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lance McCallister rips Taylor on DC fiasco
Lance will make every excuse in the world for 90+ loss Reds teams but God forbid the Bengals slip up.

I don't remember who the original article was written by, but Mo was talking about it the other day and it made a pretty compelling case for why NOT to panic. Essentially it boils down to being realistic about things: Taylor didn't agree with JDR, we all want Taylor to have a say in his staff, we should respect that. They shot for the moon in chasing Dennis Allen, they knew they probably weren't going to get him, so why be upset if they don't? Capers and the Bengals were evidently never serious about each other (and most didn't want him any ways). Grantham was also viewed as a long shot since he just signed a huge contract like a month ago. And yet all the majority of fans are doing is seeing "X said no" and freaking out. Makes no sense.

I'd argue we should give them credit in being aggressive enough to chase two coaches they had little-to-no shot of actually getting, and for giving Taylor total control in the matter. The guys people are writing over as the "leftover" candidates are the same guys they'd be interviewing in the first place had they not chased after the big names! I don't know that there's a person out there that I think they've actually legit missed it on yet, so people need to be patient and trust in the process.

It's going to be a long offseason lol.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lance McCallister rips Taylor on DC fiasco - NKURyan - 02-15-2019, 01:13 PM