Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Bring back our #ChildHoodDiseases,’ White House official’s wife says
(02-18-2019, 01:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: So this is actually stretching the truth a bit to meet an anti vaccination agenda. It's not "measles prevent cancer" it is based around an idea that some cancers are less likely to occur if a person gets a fever in their first year of life. The belief if I remember the review was that something like a certain number people are born predisposed to Leukemia however if you get sick in that first year it drops substantially even if you are predisposed, however if you don't get sick you odds of getting it increase exponentially. The fever acts as a jump start to the immune system then allowing the body to combat certain diseases (I have seen Leukimia, diabetes, and some allergies linked to this study). The science is relatively new but there seems to be some credibility to the idea that over sterilization of environments have lead to increased cases of some diseases and that corresponding populations in "less clean" environments have a much lower rate.

If I can find the article I read on this a while back I'll post it. The doctor who did it was actually working on some sort of yogurt type substance infants could eat that would basically make them sick in a controlled manor so they could get the benefits with as little risk as possible. 

Also, from the article posted:

Quote:Lichtenfeld, with the American Cancer Society, said that the measles virus alone is not being used to treat cancer but, rather, a version that has been manipulated to specifically invade certain cancer cells.

“It’s far different in any way, shape or form from giving patients an illness in order to try to treat a cancer,” he said. “That is simply not what we do.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Bring back our #ChildHoodDiseases,’ White House official’s wife says - GMDino - 02-18-2019, 01:22 PM