Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘Bring back our #ChildHoodDiseases,’ White House official’s wife says
(02-18-2019, 12:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, that's because people are stupid and believe pseudo scientific asshattery. Gluten allergies are real, don't get me wrong, but if everyone that claims to have them actually did, then there would be a lot more problems with it because most "gluten free" things are contaminated with gluten. That's a whole rant I tend to go on because the movement does harm to people that actually deal with things like celiac.

Yeah, I wasn't including the non-celiac gluten-free crowd in my idea that it seemingly came out of nowhere. I have a brother-in-law who has celiac and we have to make sure to keep a gluten-free counter, and have a box for gluten-free cutting board/pots/etc.

It just barely seemed to be a thing thirty or forty years ago.

Interestingly enough, the two people I know who actually have celiac's? They appreciate the fake gluten allergy people because it caused a market to be made for them where they have a lot more items now available that are okay. Really opened up their food choices.

(Side note: Papa John's cracks me up because they have a "gluten free" crust... and then at the end of the description say it is not recommended for those with celiacs. Lol)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: ‘Bring back our #ChildHoodDiseases,’ White House official’s wife says - TheLeonardLeap - 02-18-2019, 03:32 PM