Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor after refusing to recite Pledge
(02-18-2019, 03:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: No it's not.

The narrative that a hoodie helped contribute to Trayvon Martin's death and that black people should be careful about what they wear in public is though.

I think the point being made, badly I might add, is that when kids dress in attire associated with gang members it lends itself to them being mistaken for a gang member.

Quote:Unless there are example of white people being harrassed (or worse) because of their hoodies?

How about MAGA hats?  I could give you two high profile examples without breaking a sweat.  I would expect a consistent person to be as outraged by someone being stereotyped by their MAGA hat as someone being stereotyped by their hoodie. 

Quote:Or course I could also point out some racist and awful things said and done by people wearing MAGA hats too I suppose...on camera.

Sure you could.  Alyssa Milano told me the MAGA hat is the new white hood.  Therefore this must be true.

(02-18-2019, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There is one small problem with your assertion.  Hats and sunglasses are used by bank robbers more than hoodies.  In fact there are banks that are trying to implement "no hats or sunglasses" policies, but I don't know of any that are trying to ban hoodies.

Sure, although I wasn't referring to bank robberies.  While all bank robberies are armed robberies not all armed robberies are bank robberies.  As we, and you just did yourself, tend to refer to bank robberies as bank robberies I would think it was rather obvious I'm talking about robberies of convenience stores, jewelers, gas stations, etc.

BTW, I want to thank you for pointing out the sunglasses part.  I ensure I take my sunglasses off immediately upon entering a bank for this exact reason.  Or maybe I should be upset that I'm being stereotyped for wearing sunglasses?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor after refusing to recite Pledge - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-18-2019, 04:07 PM