Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-18-2019, 04:37 PM)Dill Wrote: This leads us back to the question of whether and how one can criticize the Israel lobby in the U.S.--especially the critique turns around donations and other monetary favors--without being tagged an anti-semite.  

Another quick note: the images of Republican ads with money grabbing Jews leads up to a question:

Nottawhatabout question--could Omar's status as a Muslim of Palestinian heritage, who is likely to contest a Republican sponsored bill which would punish those who boycott Israel, have something to do with the sudden storm of outrage about anti-semitism?  Could that be why the storm comes down on her as it has not on these other individuals?

The Republican ads then establish a comparative baseline against which to judge the response to Omar. Without that baseline I don't see how we can tell whether the response to her "antitsemitism" is normal, what anyone would be subjected to, or more a consequences of special circumstances--her religion and an impending bill.

Can you think of another way of establishing a point about differing magnitudes of response?

Post essentially says "I'm not engaging in whataboutism" while engaging in whataboutism.  God I love the internets.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-18-2019, 04:43 PM