Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive?
(02-18-2019, 04:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Post essentially says "I'm not engaging in whataboutism" while engaging in whataboutism.  God I love the internets.

To me "whataboutism" is simply pointing out the other side doing the exact same thing.  Pretty much people on both sides agree that it is bad when  a politician cheats on his wife or takes bribes even if he is on "their side".

But in this case it is a little different.  In order to define Oman as an anti-Semite first it has to be proven that her comments are clearly anti-Semitic with no other possible meaning.  So pointing out that the other side has done the exact same thing in this case is not about saying both sides are anti-Semitic.  Instead it is about proving that her comments were not anti-Semitic in the first place.

Since no one has condemned the comments of these Republicans as being anti-Semitic then that proves that Oman's comments were not anti-Semitic either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve King: How did white supremacist become offensive? - fredtoast - 02-18-2019, 04:56 PM