Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right's obsession with AOC
(02-18-2019, 10:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: 90% tax rate - had it before
Work thing - don't know anything about this claim, any further info?
Eliminating ICE - that's a relatively new agency, why is going back to the way it was before so radical?
Rebuilding every building - also one I hadn't heard before, any info?

As for FDR, I don't deny he was radical at the time and I don't deny he had his flaws. But his policies were also what made the Democratic party a powerhouse. He brought the Democrats back to being a reputable party after the Civil War. There were a lot of things he did wrong, but there were a lot of things he did right and the ideas he had were ahead of their time. They aren't radical any longer.

I noticed you skipped over his trying to pack the SCOTUS.  Whether we had a 90% tax rate before or not, it's a radical idea now.  The work thing is from her FAQ that she then had people in her office lie about and subsequently had removed.  Eliminating ICE isn't going back to the way it was before, it's ending immigration enforcement.  Rebuilding every building is straight from her "Green Deal".

As for FDR, yes some of his ideas were radical at the time and no longer are.  Some of them were radical for the time and still are.  He was, overall a good POTUS and certainly the right person for the job at the time.  However, that's not really the point here, is it?  It's your attempted comparison between FDR and AOC.  The first was a dedicated, intelligent, public servant, the other is an ex-bartender who isn't smart by any definition of the word.  Enjoy this cringe inducing clip.

Messages In This Thread
The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 02-18-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - CJD - 02-18-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-20-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:35 PM