Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right's obsession with AOC
(02-18-2019, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt. Just look how many threads the right has made about AOC in this very forum

The world exists outside this forum.  

(02-18-2019, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Heck, I saw more than that of her, this weekend.  There was a photo, from her bartending days floating around on social media.  She was giving the world a beaver shot.  She had some scanty shorts on, but you could definitely tell that her carpet matches her drapes..

By now I'm sure you know it was fake...I hope.

(02-18-2019, 08:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They lobbed a softball and the Republicans will try to hit it out of the park. The right didn’t elevate her as the face of the future and give her national airtime.  And it won’t be the right that knocks her down, but the leaders of her party. They don’t seem particularly thrilled with the Amazon pullout.

And while the author claims the right is afraid of her, I would say it’s the mainstream Dems who don’t want her to be seen as representative of them. Were Dems scared of Palin or thrilled?

GOP grabbed the low hanging fruit and didn't realize she was smart enough to use social media against them.  The right may not be "afraid" but they don't like anyone who challenges them that much.

(02-18-2019, 08:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I prefer hardwood floors.  Maybe a small throw rug.

But who the hell has a picture like that sitting around?  I assume she wasn’t famous at the time.

Also assume it was fake.

(02-18-2019, 09:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, crushing it today.  This is entirely spot on.  The GOP is using AOC to undermine the Dems.  As I said in the other thread, that apparently prompted GM to make this one, this is smart politics on their part.  AOC is radical, her ideas are far fetched to unworkable, she clearly likes being in the spotlight and she's not very smart.  Painting her as the face of the Democratic party is a big a win for them as saying Palin was "one heartbeat away from the Presidency" if McCain had won was for the Dems.

Except AOC is a freshman...not even old enough to run for President.  And (so far) she hasn't quit a job just to work in the media (like Palin).  

Maybe she needs longer than a couple months before the "right" convinces you that she's a moron/failure?  Especially when they have to defend Trump's actions/statements on a daily basis two plus years in?   Smirk

(02-18-2019, 11:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That’s the worst photoshop job I’ve ever seen. The farting fire should have given it away...

I’ve also seen the original year ago.

[Image: Girl-Fart-Fire-Funny-Picture.jpg]

Indeed...but the "right" also had a conniption over a video of her dancing!  The horror!  

Can you imagine if the "left" tried to post a picture of FLOTUS nude?!?!   Ninja

(02-18-2019, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real; that's the worst photoshop you've ever seen? I've seen much worse. 

In Port St. Lucie?  Ninja

(02-18-2019, 11:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the Republicans are doing to AOC exactly what the Democrats did to Trump in the 2016 election.

Free publicity.

Raising the profile of a relative extremist via outrage or mockery.

I honestly don't know if I would have heard of (and subsequently fell in love with) AOC the way I have if the Republicans weren't so obsessed with her.

She's effectively become the snap back queen much like Trump is the nick name king.

Yep.  She's young and female so she's the perfect one for the GOP to "go after".  And all it's done is elevate her.  

Will she make mistakes?  Of course.  Are her plans perfect right out of the box?  Of course not. She is young and learning and may never accomplish anything for all we know.  But the "right" is trying to latch on to anything to distract from their own leader (DJT) who is 70 and still doesn't know anything about government and seem incapable of getting anything done also.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 02-18-2019, 06:49 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - CJD - 02-18-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - GMDino - 02-19-2019, 10:10 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 04-03-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-20-2019, 03:54 AM
RE: The right's obsession with AOC - Dill - 06-19-2019, 10:35 PM