Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Separating Church and State
(09-24-2015, 10:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Funny that it wasn't God that inspired him, but a Muslim..the Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin El Husseini.  Unthinkable isn't it. Shocked

I think that any mention of divine inspiration by Hitler to the public was just an extra added touch. The giant Nazi propaganda machine had portrayed Germany as big time victims...victims of WWI, victims of Polish aggression toward Germans living there, victims of Jews....
I can't prove it I bet most Germans took divine intervention with a grain of salt.

Again, he knew the people would follow their god and not a man.  

Christian historians love to say that since Hitler did bad things or Stalin or whomever they were not true believers anymore...no matter how they were raised.

And I would agree with that assessment.

True believers would not be that evil.

However that does not mean they did not truly believe they were doing "god's work".  Many people throughout history had said "god told them" to do certain, evil things.  I would put forth the argument that god would not do that.  But it still means the person did evil in "god's name".  Some will even cite bible verses to support their ways.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
Separating Church and State - Belsnickel - 09-23-2015, 09:29 AM
RE: Separating Church and State - GMDino - 09-23-2015, 09:03 PM
RE: Separating Church and State - GMDino - 09-24-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Separating Church and State - GMDino - 09-23-2015, 09:48 PM