Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Lombardi's Take on Zac Taylor (Homers Beware)
(02-20-2019, 10:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's fine.....just don't use a source that's incorrect to back up your opinion....lol.  

As I've said, the concerns are valid, I'm not saying that at all.  That being said, Taylor was getting accolades, recommendations, and seen as the next big thing all over NFL circles until he took the Bengals job.  Now, all of the sudden, he's a dumbass......it's just comical to me to watch.  These "experts" are full of shit....and are who I'm taking issue with, not any member here with concerns, including you.  While I may think some folks are worrying a bit too much, I also understand that the unknown will always bring doubts.

Also, you kinda keep dodging when I mention the coaches from the previous staff that were retained.  I don't see Van Pelt, Bicknell, or Simmons as mediocre coaches....nor the new RB coach or OC.  Livingston is a highly regarded coach as well.  It's not ALL doom and gloom.

Not dodging it. How much power will a QB Coach, WR Coach, or Special Teams coach that's been here for nearly 2 decades have? Are they going to be structuring practices? Are they going to be creating playbooks? They're not bad coaches, I just doubt they have a high level view of how to run a football operation. They're more position specific.

I think their power is insignificant. HC, OC, and DC will be the guys calling the shots.

Plus, we had those guys last year and our offense was pretty terrible.

I do think there's more to Pollack leaving than has been written about.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Michael Lombardi's Take on Zac Taylor (Homers Beware) - THE PISTONS - 02-20-2019, 03:42 PM