Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A self-proclaimed white nationalist planned a mass terrorist attack
(02-21-2019, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I've never understood this argument from the pro illegal immigration side,

There is no such thing.

(02-21-2019, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: that somehow the fact that they commit crime at a lower per capita rate than citizens is a selling point.  Anyone here illegally committing a crime is a crime that could, and should have, been prevented.  The fact that they commit a lower rate of crimes is of no comfort to the person who just got mugged, burglarized or assaulted by someone in the country illegally.   Also, trust me it happens fairly regularly, we get a case involving someone in the country illegally on a frequent basis.

Nor is a waste of billions of dollars on a wall that no one seriously believes will do much of anything any comfort to any who is mugged, burglarized or assaulted by anyone.

*IF* the POTUS and his ilk presented the wall in a way that made sense he have more support. But he plays on fear. Rapists, drug dealers, murderers, kidnappers, etc.

He is the one saying it will stop the crime.

(02-21-2019, 12:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Note that this does not mean I have no sympathy for those trying to come here.  I do, and most of them are good, hard working people.  The point is we're either a nation of laws or we aren't  I don't get this buffet style approach to the law in this instance.  

Agreed. And if the system of allowing them to seek asylum had even just been left alone we could be working on real solutions for the people coming here. (Sadly there is an entire wing of the GOP that wants to just stop them all...and that isn't helping.) My belief is the answer is somewhere between "open borders" and "giant wall". But DJT has a campaign promise to fulfill to Ann Coulter, Rush and a bunch of people who really believe what he says, so here we are.

So my comment about "we need a wall" in the OP was a jab at those who really believe that the wall will stop crime versus the reality that these crimes are usually done by citizens. Not just that immigrants commit crimes and a lower rate per capita but that the argument that keeping them out is a way to keep people safe is ridiculous.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A self-proclaimed white nationalist planned a mass terrorist attack - GMDino - 02-21-2019, 12:33 PM