Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(02-21-2019, 01:48 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes I'm disappointed that he didn't get his money when the Repubs had complete control.

Actually disappointed that a lot more didn't get done, but that's more on the Politicians than Trump, He can request and pressure them, but they are the final voters.

Not sure about that.  He/they got the big tax cut through just fine, when he didn't have to lead much.

I really don't think Trump was leading very strongly on the wall issue until others held his feet to the fire. He wasn't doing the ground work that other presidents have done in the past. George HW Bush was known for "workin' the phone" into the late hours and all weekend to get people to cross the aisles or get his own people on board. Trump seems to be watching a lot of tv and golfing.

I also think that his lack of experience led him to think he could get a better deal than the one offered a year ago, and when the Republicans still had the House.  The bluster and bluff and walk out of the room thing that may sometimes work in NY real estate doesn't work in DC.  Without McConnell (who does know what he is doing) to balance out Pelosi, the Republicans would be in serious trouble this coming year. But McConnell has to more manage Trump than work with him.  Trump keeps a base of support no matter what, but he is a liability when it comes to actually governing and legislating. I am pretty sure that is how McConnell sees him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Dill - 02-21-2019, 04:35 PM