Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-23-2015, 09:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I am not....  And if they do then there wil be news laws drawn up.   If a state doesn't want it then they will make it hard on them .   Florida was doing gay marriage because of some court case and loads of counties refused to do them....  

Besides this whole fight for/against gay marriage has nothing to do with marriage or "marriage equality"   It has everything to do with tearing down the family and making everything a community thing.   They can go get married by anyone who will marry them....  Then write up contracts and partnerships for everything else.  So if they can do all this already then why are they trying to rewrite marriage?  The only reason is to lower traditional marriage to where any combination is ok.    Forgetting the fact that's marriage is for 1 sole purpose.... To have a family.  

Yeah it's great Ireland can gay marry now.   They can have at it ....  

I bet in the end certain language will need adjusted in the state bills.   or they will say that marriage is a state issue not a federal issue.

1. I don't know what you mean by making everything a community thing.
2. Same sex marriage isn't legal or recognized in all 50 states so "they" can't get married anywhere thy like.
3. Traditional marriage?  Traditional by what standard?
4. Are you implying the only reason to marry is to procreate?  You don't need to be married to procreate. Do you only show up to have sex and then you leave because that is the "sole" purpose of marriage?
5. If a gay couple marries how does that infringe upon your civil rights?
6. Other cultures and religions have marriages so Christianity doesn't have a monopoly on the idea. Name one reason other than religion why you should decide who can't marry each other. Again, last time I checked this was the Land of the Free and denying others equal treatment under the law is un-American.
7. The only people who oppose same sex marriages, that I'm aware of, are conservative Christians based upon their religious views. In essence they are trying to legislate their religious beliefs upon others. Then they complain they are being persecuted for their religious beliefs when they aren't allowed to persecute gays based upon their religious beliefs. They complain about freedom of religion, but only if it applies to their religion  They don't even see the irony.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-26-2015, 03:29 PM