Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote
(05-26-2015, 10:20 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: People down your way had the same argument about 50-60yrs ago when it came to civil rights for other minorities and took the SCOTUS to intervene.  I wish the folk down that way would just come around on their own and then the SCOTUS wouldn't have to intervene.

Blacks rights and gay rights are not even remotely the same thing. First off the whole concept of "rights" is often misdefined. To give someone regulation to provide for small group you have to take away rights from everyone not in that minority.

Basically it's still slavery. Which I thought we outlawed that.... We didn't government slavery is in high gear. I bet when old school slavery was first in gear they called it commerce... So no one cared. Well now they are calling it "rights"

We all have the same rights until regulation takes away from us.

And as far as "people down my way" there are no native floridians lol. We are all northern transplants. I just don't wanna deal with the hassle of having to pass by numerous articles of how this gay can't be married because the county said no.

Look I know this is the end all be all issue for most of you. But to me it's so not important, we have so many other issues that are ahead of dudes marrying in Alabama. If your gay in a state they don't have marriage and that's important to you then move.

2 years ago obama didn't even want gay marriage. And hey he has a pen and a phone . Why doesn't he just lord over us and sign an ex order. He does it for everything else. The reason he doesn't is because of he does then Dems lose next set of elections.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ireland becomes first country to legalize gay marriage via pop vote - StLucieBengal - 05-26-2015, 03:44 PM