Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(02-26-2019, 02:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You're looking at this incorrectly. I agree that there is no real basis for an emergency claim, but the courts won'y adjudicate that. The courts have often given deference to the executive on matters of judgement like that and this court certainly won't change course in that way. The questions will focus on the actual legal authority of the movement of funds and what not, but the question of whether it is an actual emergency or not won't be looked at.

(02-26-2019, 02:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Congress has been derelict on many things over the past few decades. In addition to immigration, we have infrastructure, poverty, healthcare, climate change, taking care of our veterans, and on and on and on. I'm just saying that people should be careful what hey wish for with this precedent. If Trump follows through with a nod from the courts, this will be used by executives going forward to shove things down the throats of the legislature at every opportunity.

I reversed the quotes above because you are dead on. Besides the fact that DJT is simply doing this to make himself look like he accomplished a campaign promise it will open things up to more and more of the same behavior from future presidents. And some of them won't be ones that the GOP buddy up to because they don't have the cajones to actually stand for what they say they believe in. And we'll be back to hearing about "executive overreach" from the right, again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - GMDino - 02-26-2019, 02:23 PM