Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave
(02-27-2019, 06:22 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: You....you don't get pushed in man coverage.
Do you mean press coverage?

And okay
Dalton also struggled with Boyd in 2017.
22 receptions, 225 yards, and 2 TDs isn't better than 21 receptions for 210 yards and 7 TDs.

In reviewing Boyd's snap counts, he played over 50% in more than half his full games. Before he got hurt in Week 5, he was playing almost 60% of the offensive snaps. Once he returned from his injury, the Bengals phased Boyd back into the offense. During the last six weeks of the season, Boyd only averaged 49.2% of the snaps. He did up that average to 63.2% over the last three weeks of the season once he was fully healthy.

Wow it's almost like you didn't read or watch anything that disproved that.

Can you please show me where Ross outright quit on a route?
Cause I'm sure you're talking about the Carolina pass, where Dalton threw to a certain deep route and Ross ran a different route, but it was still a terrible throw and decision.
Got anything else? I'd like to see it.

You didn't watch the video, huh?
Or ever read how Dalton and Driskel have had a hard time adjusting to Ross' speed? And yes, they've said that

Obviously you don't understand how it works!

When you get the match up you want the QB is going to throw to a spot.  It's up to the receiver to be at that spot, and on time.  Hardly a terrible throw when the receiver has his head up his a$$.  Everybody and there brother saw it, including the coaches, period.

For a team to even consider shopping a top ten pick after 2 years is unheard of and tells you all you need to know about what they now think of his potential.

Oh and another thing, the QB's can't find him because they don't trust him and rarely target him.  When people are breathing down your neck you need to get the ball out quickly and feel confident in doing so.  Would you feel confident as a QB depending on Ross by what you've seen over the last 2 years?  That's why most of his touchdowns come off of broken plays, or plays where the QB has moved from his options. 

With that said, I think they should still keep him and hope the light comes on. What they would get for him at this point would be essentially throwing away a player.... but who knows, maybe they already realize he's a lost cause and willing to cut bait - something they should've done with Og and Fisher rather than wasting roster spots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave - Daddy-O - 02-27-2019, 08:35 AM