Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave
(02-27-2019, 09:57 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ross has a lot of ground to make up before anyone will need to eat a single word.

Two WRs taken in the same draft

John Ross
#9 overall pick 2017 draft
60 targets, 21 catches, 210 yards, 7 TDs

JuJu Smith-Schuster
62nd overall pick 2017 draft
245 targets, 169 catches, 2343 yards, 14 TDs

Ross has a lot of millage to make up. Even if he has a 1000 yard season in 2019 he'll still be way behind the other guy we passed on twice. The more excuses I hear for Ross' bad production the more I realize what a bad pick he was for this team.

I assure you that if we had picked JuJu instead we'd all be looking at these stats and saying, "boy, aren't we happy we didn't draft that Ross guy."

Can we agree that some of Ross's lack of production, especially his rookie season, was due to injury? 

And in his first full season he made a few plays, but rarely saw the ball on a slant, screen, jet sweep, etc?  Does that make sense to you?  Have you ever watched how the Chiefs use Tyreek Hill?  

Here is some other food for thought:  16 receptions, 167 yards, 0 TDs.  Any idea who had that rookie season?  Antonio Brown.  Good thing for them they didn't give up on him.  Oh, and his team had a strong offense, a good line, and multiple weapons.  This offense had none of that after injuries took their toll early.

Ross is clearly not without fault.  You have to stay healthy.  You can't give up on balls or run the wrong route, and you certainly can't go online an post a video called "healthy scratch" with you toasting your team in practice.  He has to mature and improve the mental side of his game.  But I would not be close to giving up on him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave - SHRacerX - 02-28-2019, 08:22 AM