Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave
(02-28-2019, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You fail to understand the concept of having an X receiver taking the proverbial top off the defense.  Safeties had to play off and that helped the running game (our best YPC average as a team in over a decade) and the slot WR and TE to thrive underneath.  Hell, a lot of AJ's early success was underneath crossing routes and the like.  

Interesting point is that in the Red Zone, Ross was getting open and getting targets.  It was as though they only wanted him running verticals until they got to the red zone and then they would give him chances. 

If the Chiefs, Pats, or steelers (puke) had Ross, they would be manufacturing 5 touches a game with high % screens, slants, and jet sweeps to force teams to chase and tackle him in space.  I have no idea why Lazor barely if ever did that with Ross.  

I think you're giving Ross a little too much credit in the run game. Mixon is a beast. Taking the top off the D doesn't matter when your OLine is atrocious. Mixon still beasted.

It's funny, because one of the things I liked about Ross coming out of college was his red zone ability. He was one of, if not the top WR in the red zone in the NCAA. He has some value there and can seem to find a way to get open. He does add value in the red zone. We just need to find a way to help him to get it to click between the 20s.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave - muskiesfan - 02-28-2019, 11:30 AM