Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave
(02-28-2019, 11:45 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I am also in the minority as I liked the Ross pick. I really thought he could be the piece to the passing game that really set it off. Him posting the video to Twitter, giving up on routes, poor route running, and the like have soured me on him. I thought he was a much better route runner in college. He said himself that he needs to just play, so maybe it's all in his head. I still have some hope, but he needs to mature as well.

I'd be incredibly happy if he could turn into a receiver that gives us 500-600 yards and 5 TDs or more a year. As long as we keep AJ and Boyd around, that kind of production would be great. I get concerned that it seems like every time he sprints, he comes up limping. I don't know how to fix that other than using him differently and not just running verticals or sweeps. I think screens could be good to give him a chance in space, but that hasn't seemed to be in the team's thought process so far.

I'd definitely like to see Mixon and Bernard on the field together a lot more. If they can fix the OLine, there is a lot of potential on the offense.

Agreed, and I think specifically they need to address the RT position.  I know Redmond didn't grade out very well and had some costly penalties but I think with a full offseason under his belt and a new scheme, he could be pretty solid.  Hart was just awful in pass protection.  At least Dalton saw it coming.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon doesn’t want Ross to leave - SHRacerX - 02-28-2019, 12:12 PM