Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(02-28-2019, 09:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I thought you would be appreciative that I actually back up your numbers on the 2.9% GDP growth from a non Left Web site, such as the one you posted.

Why so pissed? it's completely on topic and add much more depth to the OP.

It doesn't really add much depth. The attempt to compare the first 21 months (why 21 months? That's an odd number) of the two presidents is nothing more than an attempt to make the performance of Trump's economic policies look better. Obama's first six months were still in the midst of the Great Recession, and turning around economic growth coming out of that is far more difficult than continuing to ride a trend of upward growth, which is what Trump was handed. Therefore attempting to compare those two periods is disingenuous.

I'm not saying this to disparage any economic growth under Trump or anything, just pointing out that the information provided is lacking in that contextual information that makes the comparison truly meaningless.

Edit to add: I am also someone that finds any sort of these comparisons meaningless because the president's role on economic performance is vastly exaggerated.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened - Belsnickel - 02-28-2019, 11:36 PM