Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(02-28-2019, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dude posts about economic growth being better under Trump than Obama and provides a link in a thread that talks about economic growth of the Obama v. Trump administrations and he gets slurred and admonished by you for not sticking with the subject?

It's basically a copy and paste from another thread to show how much Trump loves his African American.

(02-28-2019, 09:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I thought you would be appreciative that I actually back up your numbers on the 2.9% GDP growth from a non Left Web site, such as the one you posted.

Why so pissed? it's completely on topic and add much more depth to the OP.

See above.

(02-28-2019, 11:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It doesn't really add much depth. The attempt to compare the first 21 months (why 21 months? That's an odd number) of the two presidents is nothing more than an attempt to make the performance of Trump's economic policies look better. Obama's first six months were still in the midst of the Great Recession, and turning around economic growth coming out of that is far more difficult than continuing to ride a trend of upward growth, which is what Trump was handed. Therefore attempting to compare those two periods is disingenuous.

I'm not saying this to disparage any economic growth under Trump or anything, just pointing out that the information provided is lacking in that contextual information that makes the comparison truly meaningless.

Edit to add: I am also someone that finds any sort of these comparisons meaningless because the president's role on economic performance is vastly exaggerated.

Which is why I'm still waiting for the Trump supporters people who hate to see Trump criticized "all the time" to share some of the policies he's enacted to create all those glowing stats they post.  

The article says most who are knowledgeable said the slow down was going to happen but DJT made a campaign promise so we know he can't tell the truth if it isn't happening.

The only thing we've seen economically from any "plan" Trump and the GOP has managed to pass is a ballooning deficit while the claim it will pay for itself.

I spent the better part of the evening do some statistical work.  Give me numbers and facts and not "look how good it is now" when nothing was done to make it that way in the last two years.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what ha... - GMDino - 03-01-2019, 01:56 AM