Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(03-01-2019, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought it compared Obama's LAST 21 months to Trump's FIRST 21 months.

Yeah, I misread that.

(03-01-2019, 04:48 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have a bad habit of replying too quickly and then realizing I missed something, and trying to add before anyone responds.

I think there’s enough similar quarters plus isn’t Obama’s missing quarter (the 1st) generally a pretty weak quarter?

Q1 is usually a weaker quarter, and yeah, there are enough quarters to do a comparison. The article in the OP was doing what is typically done with comparisons which is full year comparisons and what not. But again, all of it is pointless. The president's role in economic successes or failures is like people using USAID spending as a scapegoat for the rising debt in the country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened - Belsnickel - 03-01-2019, 09:33 AM