Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(03-01-2019, 10:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Nope.

Trump over promised (as is his want as a braggart) and under delivered (just like his business dealings).  And it was a campaign so I'm good with people saying "they" can do "better".  But DJT sad 5% or 6% only because Bush said 4.  I truly believe you could tell him Bush promised 10% and Trump would say then we'll do 20.

The article simply points out that not only did not reach what he said he would.  And the few high points that he brags about were surpassed multiple times during the last administration.

Also the market and the economy is cyclical.  There will be a downturn after a rise.  It happens.  The smart people who usually make decisions will have facts and data that they can make suggestions to lessen it or to prolong the growth, but it will happen.  And it might happen because of something no one can control like an attack or a natural disaster.  

But if people want to post how wonderful Trump has made life in the US they are going to need to provide the policies he enacted to cause it otherwise it just not doing anything to change the trend of the last 5 years plus.

You first gave data and when someone countered that data you said, well what did he do to cause it?  And who decided on midterm being the cutoff for success or failure? But I get what you are saying. He's only done as well as Obama.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what ha... - michaelsean - 03-01-2019, 10:17 AM