Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(03-01-2019, 11:59 AM)hollodero Wrote: Maybe... I mean, there was reason to be scared either way.
Or maybe the economy is not that closely tied to the presidency in the first place. Europe has economic growth as well, and it's not because of Trump, no matter how hard he believes we only should thank him for that. It's not because of ouw own heads of state either.

Also, I find it weird how economy trumps every other topic. Sure one could just abandon all worker's rights, disregard their wealth and well-being, let go of all environmental protections, let the companies just poison everything while paying no taxes. The economy would love it...!
Which is, on a way smaller scale, what is happening now, as far as I can tell. Cut back regulations is so universally believed to be a positive because the economic data reacts well. But well, as I see it economic data isn't close to everything. Americans have a bit of a fetish with that.

Ask Dino to tell you some of his fetishes and you'll long for an economic fetish.

I think you are right that the economy probably isn't that closely tied to the President.  It is a massive thing with so many variables that it's probably not very accurate to assign credit or blame.  But it can be fun.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what ha... - michaelsean - 03-01-2019, 12:24 PM