Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened
(03-01-2019, 12:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Ask Dino to tell you some of his fetishes and you'll long for an economic fetish.

I think you are right that the economy probably isn't that closely tied to the President.  It is a massive thing with so many variables that it's probably not very accurate to assign credit or blame.  But it can be fun.

Not that I have been saying that in almost every thread where we try to do that or anything. Whatever  Ninja

I get why it happens. Presidential performance is a qualitative variable that is difficult to measure. We inherently look for ways to measure it, and the economy is one way to do so. I don't think it's so much "fun" as it is satisfying. It fulfills our need to measure something.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump & GOP promised economic growth much better than Obama.That's not what happened - Belsnickel - 03-01-2019, 12:28 PM