Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nukes--India Pakistan, China, and Global Warming
(03-01-2019, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I wonder what started all of this.  I have not been following that closely.  It seems like they have coexisted peacefully for a couple of decades now.

If we are going to start having "reboots" of old classic religious/political conflicts I'd like to see Iran and Irag start going at it again.

Or maybe a new round of bombings in Northern Ireland.  Too many people have forgotten how deadly white Christian terrorists can be.  That was the big conflict back when I first started paying attention to conflicts around the world.

This time around the immediate cause was the bombing of a bus, which killed some 40 members of India's military.

But things have never really been quiet in Kashmir since the last war.  India accuses Pakistan of allowing terrorist militia like the Party of Mohammed to roam in Kashmir, killing Indians and otherwise disrupting life on the Indian side of the border. Because they are not official state actors, Pakistan can then claim plausible deniability. And India is probably right about this.

This conflict should seriously concern the world, since Pakistan is an unstable nuclear power and India, while it generally does not provoke, has difficulty with restraint and is also a nuclear power, now led by a Hindu nationalist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: India Pakistan War --and China - Dill - 03-01-2019, 03:26 AM
RE: Nukes--India Pakistan, China, and Global Warming - Dill - 03-01-2019, 11:20 PM