Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice?
(03-04-2019, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love a LOT of guitars, but I think my favorite was a pretty cheap Squier Jagmaster. I also love strats, as long as they have the Humbucker at the bridge. Had a Wayne's World replica (no Stairway!) MIM strat back in 2008. Wound up selling it because every time I played with the band, I had a tendency of hitting the pickup switch with my hand while strumming. Also loved my Epiphone Standard LP back in the day. Used one of those in the studio for 4 songs.

I was entirely self taught. Which caused me to have a pretty unique style as far as songwriting. I also play without a pick (I use my right index fingernail). I bought a few with my first guitar, lost them and never looked back. I've always felt more comfortable without them. The only other person that plays with their fingernail like that (that I've heard of) was Kevin Eubanks of the old Tonight Show Band.

Great stuff. 

My favorite guitar player of all time is Mark Knopfler.  He doeesn't use a pick either.  He doesn't use a fingernail, but he does use fingertips.  Gives him a unique sound. 

Lindsey Buckingham also is  fingertip player.

I was never more than a rhythm player but I seldom used a pick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calling all guitar players, what is your axe of choice? - McC - 03-04-2019, 09:15 AM