Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.14 Average
Bengals have the most inexperoenced coaching staff in the NFL.. Junior Varsity staff
(03-01-2019, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand why so many people make this claim.

If coaching was the problem then we should get better immediately.

Well last year heading into the season I'd say we had a lot more certainty at linebacker and tight end for sure... this year both of those are huge unknowns. Last year we went into the season feeling pretty optimistic about the WR position, I think outside of Green and Boyd that has mostly been tempered after last season. Last year we all felt like defensively they'd be fine - hell, there was talk that they'd chase the franchise record for most sacks in a season - but they ended up being awful. These aren't just coaching problems. Even if Taylor is the coach I hope he is, there will likely be players they part with that we wouldn't necessarily expect them to part with, so who knows what the roster will actually look like at this point. Key players are getting older, they're all going to be learning a brand new scheme from coaches who will have to learn a few things on the fly, and they have probably the worst home field advantage in the entire league at this point.

Can they win next year? Sure. The division is (IMO) wide open, there is still plenty of talent on this roster, and the schedule looks easy at the moment. That said, I'm going to keep my expectations in check until they address at least some (if not all) of those concerns.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have the most inexperoenced coaching staff in the NFL.. Junior Varsity staff - NKURyan - 03-04-2019, 01:10 PM