Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nukes--India Pakistan, China, and Global Warming
(03-02-2019, 02:24 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: So where does this go from here?

The ball is really in Pakistan's court at this time. Considering that their initial attack was small and limited, I'm willing to bet they either let this die down or respond to the air strikes in some limited fashion (i.e. I don't think they are ready to fully go to war again at this point).

This just in--

Pakistan - India news latest: Live updates on border standoff after Pakistan warns tension could impact Afghanistan
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/india-pakistan-news-latest-updates-on-border-standoff-a4081676.html

Train service has resumed between the two countries. That is a good sign.

But Modi is accusing his opposition of "aiding the enemy" during this brief conflict.  Hindu nationalism + scapegoating doesn't bode well for the future of the world's largest democracy--or for future of the world.  Questions about government versions of the conflict turn out to be "cheering the enemy!"  Shades of Vietnam and Iraq.

Imran Khan appears to be the adult in the room, having returned the Indian pilot who was shot down, a move now credited with scaling down the conflict. If he could actually control his own military and intel . . . .

Interestingly, there are peace protests in Indian now who want unilateral bombing stopped.

[Image: 4c56832e-1a28-4ff0-b2ce-4b1bdbd47ea1.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: India Pakistan War --and China - Dill - 03-01-2019, 03:26 AM
RE: Nukes--India Pakistan, China, and Global Warming - Dill - 03-04-2019, 02:15 PM