Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Making of the Fox News White House
(03-04-2019, 01:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I haven't really followed much of the FBI issues.  From what I did see/read about there was some untoward behavior.  Honestly, that type of conspiracy theory is easy to fuel.  One person doing something wrong instantly becomes proof of organization wide wrongdoing.  I see this happen in my field all the time.

Of that I have no doubt. Sure it's easy. It's also completely irresponsible and intolerable for any host that has a "news" tag on the corner of the screen - no matter how much it's officially labeled "opinion". These lines are blurry at best in US TV news. (Something that sadly gets overtaken by our own news stations.)

(03-04-2019, 01:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hannity is a complete ass, he always has been.  If you did an extremism scale for all the editorial show hosts he'd definitely be at the head of the pack.  As far as the content of their hard news, I honestly can't speak to that, in recent times anyways in regards to the cable channel.  Their web based hard news sites only differ in so far as which story they choose to highlight.  

Good that we agree on Hannity. I want to add that there is no Hannity figure on MSNBC, even though I dislike many of them for their biased take on things.
As for hard news, I gave Mike Wallace a stamp of approval and this is the closest to covering actual news on FOX I came across so far. It's mainly all opinion as far as I can tell, starting with this morning show, where they started to talk directly to Trump and he started retweeting them.

Regarding the online content, ever since we talked about it I looked more often to see one day where there isn't any AOC slam article. As of now, I found one every single day :)
Yeah, the selection of topics already seems biased, but in that particular regard MSNBC isn't much better.

To finish, some recent FOX quotes I consider unmatched on MSNBC.

Quote:The left isn’t doing any of that because the left loves the Chinese government. It’s their model for governing. (Tucker Carlson)

Quote:That screeching moron, Ocasio-Cortez (Carlson)

Quote:Democrats would turn maternity wards into killing fields. (Liz Cheney)

Quote:I want to say to you, why don’t you go f*** yourself, you tiny brain – and I hope this gets picked up because you’re a moron. (Carlson, not aired obviously)

Quote:We are in a civil war in this country. There's two standards of justice, one for Democrats one for Republicans. The press is all Democrat, all liberal, all progressive, all left - they hate Republicans, they hate Trump. So the suggestion that there's ever going to be civil discourse in this country for the foreseeable future in this country is over. It's not going to be. It's going to be total war. And as I say to my friends, I do two things - I vote and I buy guns. (Joe di Genova)

Quote:If you change your mind the day before the baby’s gonna be born, you can have an abortion. (Steve Doocy)

Quote:Does the president have an attorney? Why doesn't the president just run a private investigation onto Adam Schiff? (Brian Kilmeade)

Quote:If you’re like me, and you were—grew up to revere an FBI agent, and the FBI comes to your house, and maybe some crime took place in the neighborhood, and maybe you have a little bit of information, but you don’t quite fully recall everything, but you’re pretty sure you do—the advice I have to give you now is, “don’t talk to the FBI.” (Sean Hannity)

Quote:Frankly, it should be against the law to allow a bunch of snot-nosed kids, fresh out of law school, to file a federal court document that contorts the law in a deliberate effort to implicate the President in wrongdoing. Did they even read the law? Comprehend it? Morons. (Gregg Jarrett)

Quote:In some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore. Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people. And they’re changes that none of us ever voted for, and most of us don’t like. (Laura Ingraham)

Quote:Liberals are agents of a historical and cultural purge. (Laura Ingraham)

Quote:Isn’t there a time where you have to tell a District Court judge to go to Hell? (Lou Dobbs, about the Acosta ruling)

Quote:Frankly, I can’t imagine ― because each of us has to come to terms with our own heart and conscience ― I would fire the SOB in three seconds if it were me. (Lou Dobbs, about Mueller)

Quote:A whiny high school kid (Laura Ingraham about a Parkland shooting survivor)

Quote:He's on a jihad of some sort. And it's a sort of ideologically motivated jihad. (Dobbs, again about Mueller)

Quote:Fake bombs. Who could possibly benefit by so much fakery?
Fake News had just successfully changed the narrative from the onslaught of illegal immigrants and broken border security to 'suspicious packages. (Lou Dobbs, tweeting)

Quote:The caravans are funded by the Soros-occupied State Department (guest on Lou Dobbs)

Quote:More kids are being separated from their parents and temporarily housed in what are essentially summer camps (Laura Ingraham)

Quote:Demon rats! (Jeannine Pirro)

...well, that was fun. :) MSNBC, I assert, cannot match those.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Making of the Fox News White House - hollodero - 03-04-2019, 03:06 PM